Department: Asset Management
Location: Denver, CO
Reporting to: Senior Director of Asset Management
Confluent Development is a Confluent Development excels in all phases of commercial real estate development, successfully delivering custom and complex projects significant to their respective communities. Confluent is active in ground up developments across multiple asset classes including senior living, office, industrial, retail and mixed use.
Based in Denver, Confluent is organized around real estate specialists in each asset class as well as a shared services group of associates that work across all asset classes including entitlement, construction management, accounting, finance and legal. We foster an environment of respect, collaboration and trust in each person’s capabilities to deliver value to the Company all while promoting a healthy work-life balance and having fun while we do it.
The Asset Management Associate will be an integral member of the Confluent Development team, focusing primarily on existing senior housing assets, underwriting and acquisitions. This position will interact regularly with all facets of Confluent Development including Finance, Development and Construction, Legal, etc. Additionally, this position will work closely with our Senior Housing operating partners across the U.S. to ensure performance expectations are met.
- Working with the Senior Director of Asset Management to provide critical analytical and operational support to Confluent’s senior housing portfolio
- Performing market research, competitive analysis and asset-specific opportunity assessments.
- Consult monthly or more frequently with operating partners to review monthly financial performance, understand community sales strategies, new competition, labor and other performance drivers, and discuss issues related to agreements including performance targets and capital spending expectations
- Working cross-functionally with various departments including Investments, Legal, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Risk, the Associate will gain exposure to many areas of the business.
- Working with operating partners to develop and coordinate timely, comprehensive and insightful reporting on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Participate in financial, marketing, development meetings with operating partners and distribute notes from each meeting to the Confluent team
- Conduct periodic site visits to critical properties and markets to confirm performance expectations and deepen understanding of seniors housing operations, market fundamentals and competitive dynamics
- Participate in preparation and presentation of ad hoc analysis to leadership team regarding strategic and tactical opportunities for the portfolio
- Preparing monthly and quarterly variance commentary and creating action plans to leverage success and address shortfalls
- Coordinate and assist with annual budget preparation and review for portfolio
- Performing analysis to support on-going asset management activities, such as repositionings, refinancings, and dispositions
Experience and Qualifications:
- BS in real estate, business, finance or accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant senior housing asset management experience; development experience strongly preferred; additional experience as a financial analyst for a real estate investment firm, or investment bank or other similar professional exposure very helpful
- Exceptional analytical and project management abilities, written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Proactively manage multiple deadlines and time requirement conflicts in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Proficient in financial modeling tools, including excellent Excel skills, and Power Point
- Ability to manage and distill insightful conclusions from large volumes of data
- Open to occasional travel
This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position. May perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit your resume to Taylor Bentley at firstname.lastname@example.org.